Organizing the Family Using the Family Binder
Simplify your household by having "IT" all together in one place. Try these tips for organizing a family binder
that is sure to bring a little peace to your family's hectic lifestyle:
- First, decide on a binderÖ a three-ring is best since you have the flexibility to add items and sections so easily. Start with a 1Ē. Later, you can determine whether you prefer to grow into a larger one or use multiple smaller binders.
- Next, you will need to determine the type of dividersÖ I personally like the see through ones which hold documents.
- Now that you have the tools you will need, you are ready to determine the basic sections needed for your family, in addition to optional ones that may help you with your specific family needs.
- You also need to determine how these sections will be organized. Itís strictly a personal preference. A couple of options are to:
- Divide by family member
- Divide by subject
- Now you are ready to add your forms. Here are a few suggestions:
- Mom/Dadís Section: Bible Study Schedule, ABF Class Roster, Work Schedule, Salon Info, Golf Course Info, etc.
- Kidís Section: Pediatrician Info, Immunization Info, Close Friends Info (Name; Parents names; Phone Numbers), etc.
- School Section: Calendar, Class Schedule, Teacher Appreciation Info, Project Due Dates, etc.
- Meal Section: Favorite Quick Meals, Carry-out menus, etc.
- Extra-curricular: Dance Class Info, Sports Schedules, Scouts, etc.
- Pet Section: Vet Info, Current Immunizations, etc.
- Finally, the location of the Organizer should be determined and communicated to the entire household.
More organizing tips: