Organizing the Bathroom
Here are some tips on keeping the bathroom neat and organized:
- First Aid: Keep a small plastic container nearby with Band-Aids, anti-bacterial cream, burn cream, itch cream, and hydrogen peroxide. Make sure all family members are aware of the location of this kit. Every little scratch and boo-boo will be much simpler to deal with if all items are together in a container that can be accessed easily.
- Shampoo/Conditioner/Shower Gels/Soaps: Keep ONE of each of these items in your tub/shower or vanity cabinet. All other supplies should be kept in another location.
- Containers for like items should be used in the vanity to keep it neat. For example, one for hairspray, hair gel, leave-in conditioner, etc. When needed, simply remove the container and replace when finished.
- For small children, keep a plastic container with a handle and hole(s) for draining the excess water, that can be used to store bath toys. When bath time is over, even a two-year old can pick up their own toys and put them away if you give them a container and teach them how to do it!
- Make-up: Only keep make-up that you know you will use and that makes you look and feel good about yourself. Toss used or donate new items that do not "work" for you. Keep like items together in drawers with dividers or stored in decorative containers on the vanity top. The less you have, the quicker and easier it will be to get ready every day. Again, store "extra" unopened items in another location. Keep daily used items at your fingertips.
- Towels: Keep an extra set in the bath, more than that should be stored in a linen closet or other location.
- Facial Cleansers: Keep items that you use daily together in a container, drawer, or on a small shelf nearby. Refills should be kept with other supplies.
- Babies/Toddlers: For those in diapers, keeping a small basket or container with a small supply of diapers, wipes, and cream will help mom get through the day a little easier.
- Medicine/RX: Keep prescriptions separate from over-the-counter medicines. Again keep like items together and family members separated.
- Toilet paper/wipes: Keep an extra 4-roll pack nearby as well as a package of wipes, if you use those. Extras should be kept with other bath supplies.
More organizing tips: